Search The Vegan Potluck Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Now Appearing at Ypsilanti's Corner Brewery!

Introducing George's Vegan Hoagie! (A.K.A. In private circles...The Mind Tapped).



So it has been brought to my attention that I have a sandwich named after me at the Corner Brewery. It's currently on the Specials menu through August 31st but will soon become a permanent menu item!

It's called George's Vegan Hoagie. It's on vegan sub style bread with tempeh, mustard, tomato, onion, and sauerkraut. It's a bit bland the way it is, but will soon be altered to include black olives and banana peppers.

It was created after attending VegAnnArbor regular get together at the Corner Brewery on Mondays. Not only is their beer Vegan, but my friend Heather is the kitchen manager and has been working on a expanded kick-ass menu. There are plenty of vegge options, but weren't really anything that was vegan in the form of sandwich. Solution? I put together a sandwich made-to-order. Upon sitting down we worked out something that tastes pretty decent and after a taste test I was told it would be added to the menu. What's cool is that it was named after me too! So folks, here's to my 15 seconds of fame.

It's quite nummy as illustrated below:


No comments:

Post a Comment